Wednesday 21 March 2012

7. Looking back at your preliminary task (the school magazine task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product? final

Things I think are a weakness of my prelim task are the fact that the front cover and the contents page do not look like they come from the same magazine, using different fonts, and colour schemes, therefore on my final music magazine I learnt to do certain things that would make sure they looked similar to each other. For example I had a photo of my cover model as the photo in my contents page, as well as the double page spread. More importantly thought fonts used on the front page are used in the contents and double page spread, but avoid using the main masthead font, as this should be reserved for the recognition of the magazine. As well as this there is a consistent colour scheme of red white and black throughout the my front cover contents and double page spread, with all the backgrounds being black with mainly white font and the occasional red. Also in the prelim task photos on my contents page were not very well proportioned to the space they were given and are therefore slightly stretched out, so in my final task, the photos have not been stretched at all and the proportion has been thought about carefully. On my prelim front cover, the models shirt is very colourful and takes away a lot of the attention from other areas of the magazine so I avoided this in my final task, with the colours on his shirt either being hidden or very small, and in one picture his shirt is not bright at all. Also I learnt how to make the feel of my magazine feel more like an actual magazine, for example adding features such as banners to add extra advertisement to the cover, subscription information, page numbers and caption boxes, things I may not have considered when making my school magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment