Wednesday 21 March 2012

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product? FINAL

From the designing of my magazine I have learned various things about technologies that can help you to make a magazine. A website I have used largely to help me, is www.dafont.com which has various different fonts, which are often more bold and outstanding than the ones that you are limited to use on photoshop. These can be print screened onto photo shopped and cropped, and put onto their own layer so you can experiment them on your magazine cover. I learnt a lot about using photoshop, I had previously used it at gcse to make a collage which involved cutting out using the magic wand and lasso tools to cut out pictures and add on top of a background layer so this gave me a headstart as this is what a lot of making the magazine depends on. A new thing I learnt on photoshop in the magazine making process was how to use a grid view, so I could make sure everything was lined up straightly and everything was pristine. I also used the features in different ways, for example I learnt how to use the box making tool, the text tool, and the fill tool, to make a caption box, and also banners, something I hadn’t previously made. Also in the planning and research stage I learnt how to use animoto, which I discovered was a brilliant and professional looking way to cast out ideas, and more effective than a powerpoint and talking throught your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment