Friday 30 March 2012

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups? FINAL

My magazine photo is of the singer of a band who I once saw, and took pictures when I saw them. I thought that he was a fitting model for my magazine because the way the genre of the magazine links in with the look of my model. Often the rock music world is associated with youths who dress slightly different to normal people who dont listen to heavy or rock music. One way that my model represents the group of people the magazine is aimed for is with his clear on show Tattoo's. If you looked at a picture of this man normally, you would probably be able to tell that he listens to rock music just from his tattoo's or by the clothe's he wears. This could also draw people in because of his fashion, even if they don't know the band, because they think he looks cool. He also wears a vest, which is often associated with rock n' rollers, and skinny jeans, and this shows that he dresses very young despite being about 25 years old, showing that he is a good man to represent the magazine as he fits in with the genre and with the people who may be likely to read it. The image here next to the image next to the photo I used for my cover is a photo of a more well known rock star to my cover star. He is the Singer of Metal band BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, Matt Tuck. Within my target audience, I think a lot of the people will be fans of Bullet For My Valentine because they are a well known rock band and I am aiming towards an audience who have open minds so like all kinds of music. Therefore I wanted a person who represented this audience, someone who looked like Matt Tuck, but I had no photo's taken of him, So I feel my model is fairly similar, as they are both wearing vests, skinny jeans, and have arm tattoo's. Also Matt Tuck is wearing ripped jeans, as is the person in the background of my cover photo. Although this is not used on my cover it goes to show the scene that these people all fit together in.

No comments:

Post a Comment